Century Plyboards Ltd. – Hardest within the Market
Century Plyboards India Ltd was included in January 1982 by Mr. Sajjan Bhajanka and Mr. Sanjay Agarwal. The corporate’s manufacturing services are situated in Joka (West Bengal), Guwahati (Assam), Kandla (Gujarat), Chennai (Tamil Nadu), Karnal (Haryana) and Hoshiarpur (Punjab). The models in Roorkee (Uttarakhand), Myanmar, Laos and Gabon (Africa) are managed by the Firm’s subsidiary firms.
The Firm’s distribution community contains of greater than 2,700+ sellers who service greater than 19,100 retail and gross sales contact factors that are situated throughout 600+ cities and cities within the nation. Its proprietary infrastructure additionally contains of 28 pan-India advertising places of work for the help of commerce companions.
Merchandise & Companies:
It manufactures plywood, veneer, laminates, medium density fibre (MDF), particle board and allied merchandise.
- Plywood – That is the primary phase of the corporate which has a number of manufacturers specifically Centuryply Membership Prime, Centuryply Bond 710, Centuryply WIN MR, Centuryply Blackboard, and so on.
- Laminates – Within the Laminates phase, the corporate has a number of manufacturers specifically Look Guide, Lucida Kitchen Professional, Star line and Century Exteria.
- MDF – Within the MDF (Medium Density Fibre) phase, the corporate has a number of manufacturers specifically DIR, Century Prowud, Century Prowud ARTZ and Premium Plus.
- Particle Board – It’s a small phase which has just one model named Century Particle Board: Proplank.
Subsidiaries: As on FY23, the corporate has 13 subsidiaries and three step down subsidiaries.
- Established Place – The Indian plywood business is dominated by unorganised gamers, which account for round 70% of the full plywood market. Century Plyboards is India’s main plywood producer with a market share of ~25% within the nation’s organised phase of the plywood sector, 15% within the organised Laminate sector, 15% within the organised MDF sector and 9% within the organised particle boards. Within the total market (Together with unorganised gamers), the corporate’s market share in Plywood stands at 5%, Laminates at 8%, MDF at 14% and Particle Boards at 3%.
- Enlargement – The capex in FY23 was at Rs.510 crs, largely in the direction of MDF, particle board and laminate enlargement. Going forward, anticipated capex is Rs.1045 crs for FY24. It contains greenfield enlargement for MDF product at Andhra Pradesh below its 100% subsidiary ‘Century Panels Ltd’ and is predicted to return on-stream by H2FY24. Within the plywood phase, incremental capability enlargement deliberate is 15,000-20,000 CBM yearly in present services and greenfield enlargement of 60,000 CBM at Hoshiarpur (commissioning by FY24 finish). Moreover, the corporate can be organising of a greenfield laminate manufacturing facility in Andhra Pradesh in two phases with an total put in capability to fabricate 40 lakh sheets at a capex of Rs.200 crs. The administration expects the primary part to get commissioned by Q3FY24. The anticipated capex is Rs.348 crs for FY25 (largely in the direction of particle board plant in Chennai). The administration expects the capability to return on stream by FY25-end.
- Q4FY23 – The corporate reported a income development of seven% YoY in Q4FY23 to Rs.965 crs. The Revenue after tax reported a development of 29% YoY to Rs.115 crs in Q4FY23 and recorded its highest ever quarterly revenue by crossing Rs.100 crs. Section smart, Revenues within the plywood phase have grown 19% YoY to Rs.567 crs, pushed by 12.4% quantity development. MDF income declined 1% YoY to Rs.161 crs attributable to 3% decline in quantity. Internet gross sales within the laminates division throughout Q4FY23 declined 7.7% YoY to Rs.160 crs with ~9.2% decline in volumes. Revenues within the Particle board phase declined 20% YoY attributable to a 18% decline within the volumes.
- Monetary Efficiency – The entire Plywood volumes of the corporate have grown at a CAGR of seven% between FY18-23 and the full MDF volumes have grown at a CAGR of 31% for a similar interval. The corporate’s income and PAT CAGR stands at 13% and 18% between FY18-23. The corporate has generated a cumulative Working cashflow (OCF) of round Rs.1750 crs up to now 5 years (FY19-23). The working capital cycle remained wholesome at 53 days in FY23 (vs. 63 days at FY22).
India is the fifth largest producer and the fourth largest client of furnishings. The Indian Furnishings Market stood at US$ 23.33 billion in FY2021 and it’s at the moment valued at US$ 32 billion, accounting for five% share on the planet market. It’s rising at a CAGR of 6.0% to achieve US$ 32.75 billion by FY2027 as per a report printed by Analysis & Markets. The furnishings exports from India have grown 3x between FY14-23. The Indian plywood market is estimated to be valued at Rs.24,390 crore in 2021 and anticipated to achieve Rs.34,420 crore by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 6.0%. The Indian MDF business was estimated to be Rs.3,000 crore in 2021 and is predicted to develop at a CAGR of 15%-20% to Rs.6,000 crore by 2026. In keeping with the business consultants, Indian do business from home (WFH) furnishings market was US$ 2.22 billion in FY2021 and is predicted to be US$ 3.49 billion by FY2026 which might result in greater demand for MDF.
- The rising need for modular and state-of-the-art furnishings among the many folks residing in city areas, rising urbanization in Indian states, and rising want for sturdy and hybrid furnishings are all driving the expansion of the Indian furnishings business.
- The introduction of quite a few initiatives by the Indian authorities, resembling Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, DDA Housing Scheme, NTR Housing Scheme, and so on., to advertise the event of housing tasks within the nation is catalysing the product demand.
- India’s annual capability for plywood is estimated at 10 million CBM in comparison with China’s annual capability of 200 million CBM as per business studies. Therefore, there may be enormous penetration alternative for the Indian plywood business.
Opponents: Greenply Industries, Rushil Decor, and so on.
Century Plyboards is having a number one market share when in comparison with its closest competitor Greenply Industries. Century Plyboards can be having an higher hand when it comes to fundamentals too. Greenply had demerged its enterprise up to now and at the moment there are three firms specifically Greenply Industries (Plywood), Greenpanel Industries (MDF) and Greenlam Industries (Laminates). Century Plyboards nonetheless having all of the three enterprise right into a single firm and any likelihood of demerger sooner or later will likely be worth unlocking.
The administration expects MDF demand to stay wholesome (regardless of rise in imports in current instances) because the business is predicted to develop ~25% within the close to time period to medium time period with greater consumption and higher acceptance from shoppers. It has guided for 30% quantity, worth development in FY24 aided by offtake from new capability. The guided sustainable margin is 20-25%. Within the plywood phase, the administration has guided for quantity, worth development of 13%, 25% YoY, respectively, pushed by wholesome traction within the mass phase and its margin is predicted to maintain at normalized ranges of 12-14%. As part of the technique to relook the laminate phase, the corporate has deliberate two new massive sized laminates, which will likely be commissioned from its upcoming plant in AP, catering to the export markets. Going ahead, the corporate has guided for ~25% YoY quantity, gross sales development, respectively, throughout FY24. Moreover, the administration expects margins to be at 12-14% in FY24. The administration had earlier indicated that OEMs are main shoppers of particle board in India, which is why imports have resulted in value cuts. Going ahead, the corporate has guided for flat quantity and gross sales throughout FY24 and the margin on the moderated degree of ~20%, going forward.
Century Plyboard has probably the most constant and powerful monetary metrics within the business and stays a number one producer within the plywood phase. Additionally, the corporate’s enlargement spree for the following two years will pave manner for a robust development. We advocate a BUY ranking within the inventory with the goal value (TP) of Rs.675, 28x FY25E EPS.
- Enlargement Threat – The corporate has massive capex plans of round Rs.1000-1400 crs throughout FY23-FY25 and any delay within the enlargement will have an effect on the income development of the corporate.
- Working Capital Threat – With the corporate manufacturing a variety of merchandise in plywood, laminates, MDF and particleboard phase, it must inventory a big quantity of uncooked materials and completed items to cater to the demand.
- Aggressive Threat – The unorganized sector accounts for a considerable half (round 76% of the full market measurement) of the plywood business. Although, the Century model identify instructions premium costs, intense competitors from a lot of unorganized and arranged gamers restricts CPIL’s pricing flexibility.
Different articles you might like